St. Paul’s United Church of Christ
300 W. First Street, Birdsboro, PA 19508
Part-Time Organist Job Description
We are a welcoming Christ-centered community called to embody, nurture and share God’s Loving Light both within St. Paul’s and our wider community.
The Organist position is one of providing supportive music for the worshipping body of St. Paul’s as we seek to provide a space of openness to the movement of God’s spirit.
Work Schedule: This is a part-time position (approximately 8-10 hours/week). Specific times include Sunday morning worship services, and special services that generally occur during Lent, Thanksgiving, and Advent, as well as two Christmas Eve services. Any planning sessions with the Pastor will be scheduled as needed. These meetings are usually season specific, and amount to between 6 and 12 sessions per year, or as mutually deemed appropriate.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Be prepared and rehearsed for worship services, having selected prelude, offertory, postlude, congregational singing selections, and other music requested for special occasions.
- Oversee the instrument care on behalf of the congregation.
- Provide for one’s own supply for time off.
- Be in timely communication with the Pastor, staff, and Personnel Team, reporting any work related issues directly to the Personnel Team.
- When available, provide accompaniment to soloist, duets or other musical offerings.
- When available, provide music for funeral and wedding services, which are to be arranged and contracted independently of the church.
- Exercise good stewardship of resources.
- Oversee and lead the chimes choir for rehearsals and special musical performances.
- Lead and coordinate the regular meeting of the Music Feedback Team for at least six months of employment.
Vacation: 1 week per quarter, 4 per year based on start date.
Base Salary: $9200/year (with negotiations available)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.