May 29, 2020
Hello Pastors and Church Leaders,
As each of you navigate this pandemic, this is my prayer for you, “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” – Philippians 4:19–20
Here are some important briefing items for this week:
1. Church Leaders Webinar – In-Person Meeting Successes and Lessons Learned. Join us on Tuesday, June 2nd at Noon, as we discuss with local pastors the successes and the lessons learned during ministry transitions and opening. What worked and what didn’t work as churches transition from solely online meetings and ministry to limited in-person meetings. Hear how some churches and leaders have navigated from Red – to Yellow – and some into the Green Phase. This will be a great opportunity for all of us to learn together and from each other.
Click Here to Register for this Practical Webinar.
Kurt Weaver – Director of Church Ambassador Network Don Immel – Superintendent, Penndel Ministry Network, Assembly of God ChurchesPastor Kevin Eshelman – Ephrata Community Church, Ephrata, PAPastor Jim Hottenstein – Community Bible Church, Marietta, PAPastor Phil Good – Mill Creek Bible Church, Strasburg, PAPastor Jerry Lingenfelter – Mission Church, Lancaster, PA
2. Governor’s Gathering Guidance for the Green Phase: This week Governor Wolf gave some additional guidance for in-person gatherings for counties in the Green Phase. The administration has been consistent with acknowledging that the faith community is essential and excluded from the state-at-home order. You can access the document by clicking here.
* Any gathering for a planned or spontaneous event of greater than 250 individuals is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, a concert, festival, fair, conference, sporting event, movie showing, or theater performance.
* Churches, synagogues, temples, mosques and other places of congregate worship are specifically excluded from the limitations established by the order. These institutions are strongly encouraged to enforce social distancing and other mitigation measures such as masking at their gatherings.
* Visitation to prisons and hospitals may resume subject to the discretion of the facility. Visitors who interact with residents and patients must be diligent regarding hygiene. Given the critical importance of limiting COVID-19 exposure in nursing homes, nursing home visitation restrictions will initially remain in place.
NOTE: This legal clarity should NOT be viewed as health and safety advice. While there is legal leeway to meet, pastors must continue to consider what is safe for their congregations and what will serve your church’s reputation in your particular community. We would advise any church planning to open to be transparent with local law enforcement out of respect to them and in order to avoid any surprises during your worship service.
3. CDC In-Person Meeting Guidelines for Communities of Faith: CDC offers general considerations to help communities of faith discern how best to practice their beliefs while keeping their staff and congregations safe. Click here to access the document.
4. Primary Election Church Tools, Tuesday, June 2nd: The Primary Election is quickly approaching. And, we want to Honor God with our earthly citizenship. We’ve put together some helpful tools for you to use in encouraging your congregants to not forget the upcoming election during this crisis. Click here to access resources. We also have the extremely helpful PA Family Voter Guide at www.PAFamilyVoter.com available for you and your church. Click here to access this great tool.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep preaching Christ and him crucified.
Director of the Church Ambassador Network
Pennsylvania Family Institute